A Bridging visa lets you stay in Australia lawfully. It is a temporary visa that allows you to stay in Australia while your immigration status is determined.

You need a Bridging visa to wait in Australia for a substantive visa application to be assessed.

Immigration Detention 

Without a valid visa a non-citizen may be detained, and possibly removed from Australia. If you are an unlawful non-citizen, you should seek legal advice from an immigration lawyer, if you wish to remain in Australia.

At MSM Legal we help people who have been detained after their visa has been cancelled. We can also help if someone has been found to be unlawful in the community. Now, more than ever, you need advice from our experienced Registered Migration Agents.

Can I appeal if my Bridging visa was refused?

If your Bridging visa has been refused or cancelled, MSM Legal can assist with an appeal. There is a strict time limit to lodge valid appeals to the Tribunal. It is important that you seek advice immediately if your Bridging visa has been refused or cancelled.

The team at MSM Legal includes not only Registered Migration Agents, but also immigration lawyers. We understand the complex details of migration law. Our team is well-equipped to guide you through the process of an appeal.

Applying for a Bridging visa and a substantive visa

MSM Legal can advise you on issues that relate to your Bridging visa. We can assist with applications for a substantive visa once we have assisted you with your Bridging visa in Australia.

If your current visa is due to expire, we can help you apply for a Bridging visa. It is best to apply for a Bridging visa well before your substantive visa expires. We can then advise you about lodging a valid application for a new substantive visa.

Can I work or study in Australia on a Bridging visa?

There are different types of Bridging visas. Some Bridging visa holders can be eligible to work in Australia.

Conditions may apply to your work. MSM Legal can guide you through this application process. We can help you understand all of the conditions of your visa.

You can also apply to study in Australia. There may be work conditions that apply. For example, your working days might be limited.

It is important to understand and comply with any work or study conditions that apply to your visa. If you do not comply with your visa conditions, your visa might be cancelled. MSM Legal has experienced Migration Agents that can explain these conditions to you.

Can I leave Australia on a Bridging visa?

You may only leave Australia under certain conditions when you are here on a Bridging visa. On most Bridging visas, you may not leave.

Are you waiting on a decision about your substantive visa? Only a Bridging visa B (BVB) lets you leave and return to Australia while you wait for a decision. Not everyone is eligible for a BVB.

Departing Australia without seeking legal advice regarding the conditions of your Bridging visa is not recommended. You may not be able to return to Australia.

Contact us now and speak to one of our Registered Migration Agents at MSM Legal to be certain of your status.

How can MSM Legal help?

Bridging visas can be complicated. The Registered Migration Agents at MSM Legal have a great range of experience in this field. Let us help you lodge your application for a Bridging visa. Most importantly, do not leave it until it is too late.

At MSM Legal, our team of hard-working experts can respond quickly to time-sensitive matters. Contact us now.

Call MSM Legal now: 08 8161 5088